The Luanda Medical Center (LMC) is a World Class Medical Clinic designed specifically to provide high quality healthcare and diagnostic services for the population of Luanda, Angola’s capital.
The LMC will provide ambulatory and cardiology procedures, as well as X-ray, ultra sound, CT and MRI. The facility will have two modern operating theaters and a comprehensive diagnostic laboratory that will serve both the LMC and other clinics in the area.
Once the LMC becomes operationally successful and stable, our plan is to leverage the LMC for the creation of a multi-disciplinary, 250-bed surgical-diagnostic hospital in Luanda. The goal of the LMC and the future hospital facility is to serve not only the population of Luanda and its catchment area, but all parts of Angola. To this end, we have adhered to several key principles in the design and execution of the LMC project, namely:
To fulfill these goals, Vital Capital has teamed up with several selected partners for the LMC project, including the Mitrelli Group and CURE Healthcare Management Services (CHMS).
- Employing state-of-the-art standards in modern healthcare in the design of the facility;
- Utilizing modern medical information systems and general facility equipment to support efficient healthcare delivery;
- Recruiting expatriate healthcare and administration professionals conversant in Portuguese to communicate with local patients and staff as well as building a strong team approach to achieving LMDC’s objectives and goals;
- Engaging current and future health insurance providers to serve both the local and expatriate communities;
- Establishing a new higher standard of healthcare compared to all other healthcare facilities in Angola;
- Developing strong collaborations with other internationally accredited health care delivery systems and educational institutions.
Intended to provide international quality healthcare at affordable local prices, the LMC is expected to have significant positive social impact on the population of Luanda in the following ways:
- Improve the standard of available healthcare through an internationally accredited, operated and supervised facility;
- Increase the general level of competence in healthcare provision, initially in Luanda and over time in clinics throughout Angola, through medical training programs designed and operated by certified experts from developed countries;
- Introduce new medical diagnostic capabilities in Angola, such as state-of-the-art MRI, CAT scan and digital X-ray equipment, which will also engage medical experts from around the globe via telemedicine technology.