Our impact approach
Central to our impact approach is the belief that increasing the availability and affordability of essentials in growth markets will drive transformative impact, by overcoming critical social and environmental challenges. Driven by a strong pioneering spirit, we utilize the power of successful, scalable businesses to influence positive change in the provision of food, water, healthcare and sustainable infrastructure.
Increased availability and affordability of basic nutrition and increased income of farmers leads to improved health and financial resilience.
- Increased financial health of farmers
- Increased availability and accessibility to better, stable pricing of agricultural products
- Increased access to agricultural training
- Improved community health
Making healthcare more accessible and affordable leads to improved health for more people and save lives.
- Increased availability and affordability of essential medicines, medical supplies and devices
- Increased access to medical diagnostics
- Reduced financial barriers to medical services
- Improved health conditions
Increased access to clean water and building wastewater solutions improves personal and social wellbeing and reduces environmental impact.
- Improved access to safe and affordable drinking water
- Reduced pollution and increased protection of natural water sources
- Improved sustainability of industrial and municipal water practices
- Improved food security, through increased efficiencies in agriculture
Sustainable infrastructure is fundamental for climate action and social equality.
- Reduced harmful emissions from small-scale energy sources
- Improved energy for connectivity
- Increased access to quality education
- Improved job skills for the future
5. 43 m
individuals’ essential needs met
jobs and livelihoods supported
of our capital is invested in impact
Impact value creation
With a long-term vision, we work with investees to ensure their future sustainability. Across all investments themes we are focused on driving progress in three strategic areas:
- Implementing de-carbonization and climate resilience strategies
- Investing in companies that provide climate solutions
- Female-centric product and service development
- Working with investees to measure and improve gender equality
- Investing in quality skilled and unskilled jobs
- Promoting capacity building
With an inherent focus on essentials in growth markets, we measure the depth of our contribution using the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals and identify how we can further strengthen the role of the investment as the driver of impact.
We are proud that Vital contributes 16 of the 17 SDGs with extensive contribution to goals such as ‘Decent Work and Economic Growth’ and ‘Good Health and Well-Being’.
Our experience has proven that thoughtful impact measurement and management drives better and more meaningful outcomes for our investors, communities and the environment. Translating our approach into practice we have established an investment process that integrates impact at every stage. Proprietary tools and industry-standard benchmarks help us to evaluate each investment in pre- and post-investment monitoring and management.
We are proud to continue to move the dial forward towards greater accountability and standardization as signatories to the Operating Principles for Impact Management.